Sunday, May 5, 2013

My One and Only

This post is not really related to fashion, but it is about this most beautiful city that I live in with beautiful people. 
This past week especially, this weekend I have felt just head over heels in love with this place. Maybe it is just the nice weather or I am spending more time in different parts of Manhattan or that I am wearing dresses and skirts more often, but I am just wildly in love. 
My love started to grow early in the week on a quick trip to the bank where I passed Madison Square Park. There is a new art installment there that I did not photograph, but rather the beautiful tulips that were in full bloom. The spring foliage in this city just warms my heart. Then later on in the week FIT students were out on the street filling the sidewalks with amazing chalk drawings. Things like that remind me how blessed I am to go to a school with so many talented people and hat I get to enjoy their creativity.
Now fast forward to Friday, I was supposed to see a live performance at a bar in Greenwich Village, but silly me I didn't look ahead of time to see if they had an age limit, which they did. It was a 21+  venue and being that I am 19, my plans were foiled but one of the things about this city that I really love is, when your plans fall through there is something to do just as interesting and fun right around the corner, literally. So my good friend and I went to KAT'Z Delicatessen, which is a New York land mark , for some late night pastrami. I believe I went home far more satisfied and happy than I would have been if the little concert around the corner worked out.
So Saturday rolls around and I went to a lovely brunch, at the lovely apartment, of my lovely friends, in lovely Harlem. The food was amazing, the company was great, and view from the rooftop terrace on her building, where we enjoyed our meal, was the cherry on top. 
Then later that evening I went to the Path Cafe in the West Village for dinner and some live music. It was great and in that moment as the live act was just starting up I realized "I am in love!". I never felt like such a New Yorker like I have in the past 48 hours and I am thrilled by it.

Below are photos from this week/weekend in order of events. Enjoy.













~Life is good~









1 comment: