Friday, May 10, 2013

MET Gala 2013

Sooo... The MET Gala was on May 6th. The theme for this years event was "Punk: Chaos to Couture". Some people killed it and others were killed by it, in my opinion. Since it is now the tenth I figured you all had time to chew over your personal "worst dressed" and "best dressed"  so here are mine. 


 I love this. I think Cameron Diaz looks amazing in this Stella McCartney caped gown. Electric blue is one of the hottest colors for the season and the studded belt brings enough "punk" to the look without it over powering the look. 


 Dakota Fanning is wearing a gown by Rodarte. It's ok. I think I would love it if there were no wing appliqués. It reminds me too much of Ed Hardy and he makes me nauseous.


I love Beyonce but not this dress by Kenzo. She looks good considering the dress she chose to wear with those matching boots. Yikes.  


Kimye this is just embarrassing. The first time Anna Wintour invites you to the Met Gala and you show up dressed like a couch. That's pretty rude if you ask me. I don't think she will be invited back for next years event. The couch dress is by Riccardo Tisci.  


Like I said before the them was "Punk" and Miley looks punk. I do like the simplicity of her Marc Jacobs gown but I wish she could have done something a little different with her hair.  But over all I think she looks great you have to have a pretty much near perfect body to wear a dress like that so go her! 


Anne Hathaway looked amazing in Valentino. I also love her blond hair, it suits her very well. 



I never ever have anything bad to say about Jennifer Lawrence. She looks amazing in Dior as usual.  


 Ol' Swifty was breaking hearts not having her heart broken with this sexy number by J. Mendel. Love it. She really always looks good! 


Ok, so this is Anna Wintour and she is really a big deal in the fashion industry as editor-in-chief of Vogue and the co-chair of the Met Gala. She had a big say in the theme of the event, but she shows up ready for a garden party in this Chanel gown. Maybe she told everybody that the theme was one thing and she came dressed as another so she would steal the show. Seems like something she would do. She still looks great though. 


Madonna go home. 
That is all I have to say. 


Minka Kelly looks amazing in Carolina Herrera. It is not exactly punk but it is exactly perfect. I love the color of the dress and Minka Kelly's hair and make-up is perfect. Keep it up! 


Cara Delevingne was one of my favorite looks of the evening. She was completely punk with her studded gown from Burberry and heavy eye make-up. Love everything about this. She is too cool.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!:)


    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete