Saturday, March 2, 2013

Affordability Is In. (In My Opinion)

Fashion is clearly one thing that I love. However, there is another thing that I love almost just as much, and that is affordable fashion. As a fashion student there is pressure to dress well which I am totally fine with but I also have limited funds like the average college student. That is why I love Forever 21, H&M , T.J Maxx, etc. I love places because you can find the latest trends and look great with out burning a hole in your handbag. One of the latest trends I have been pining after has been the "haute sweatshirt". Which basically is just a sweatshirt that you can dress up. I always love when comfort and fashion collide.  



The sweatshirt  in this case, is really a just a rib knit sweater in the traditional shape of a sweatshirt. I would pair this shirt with a button up underneath and a statement necklace. The color is perfect spring as it will pair great with white jeans, which are a must this spring. 



I really adore this necklace. I would say that my personal style is more feminine than anything else. Although  it is very feminine this is the perfect statement necklace to carry me from Winter to Spring as we enter March.  


I love this t-shirt because it is a twist on the classic white "T". Around the neck, sleeves and the pocket is a faux satin trim. It really dresses up the t-shirt. I think this shirt would look best paired with black skinny jeans and ankle boots. 


Lastly, here are a the sunglasses that I mentioned a few posts back. These are the only item in this post that I  did not get from Forever 2. I actually got them from Loehmann's, which is a discount retailer. I do warn if you shop there to look carefully. They do get a lot of not so great over stock from other stores, however you do find some great things with searching like these sunglasses in my opinion. 



Lastly, below are some photos form HARPER BAZAAR street style that showcase the "Haute Sweatshirt"trend from London Fashion Week and New York Fashion Week. These ladies are really doing it right! 







Be sure to follow! 



No comments:

Post a Comment