Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Oscars 2013

As I am sure you all know The Oscars were this past sunday. All I really want to talk about are the dresses, so that is exactly what I am going to do. So lets gets started!


I generally love Anne Hathaway and all that she wears, but not this Prada number. The darting on bosom of the dress creates a very distracting illusion that she is freezing. Aside from her dress, her hair and makeup is flawless. So points for that I suppose. 
Perfect. Halle Berry is perfect in this Versace gown. She said she wanted to look like a bond girl and she nailed it.  I also think it was major come back from the dreadful dress she wore to the Golden Globes. 
K.Stew please put some effort in to how you look, especially when you are going to the Oscars.  The  Reem Acra Haute Couture dress isn't so bad but I think she should brush her hair before she walks out the door. Come on. 
Salma Hayek is is the epitome of glamour in this black column dress by Alexander McQueen.  I just love a high neck line especially when it is executed perfectly like this. 
"A" for effort. I really love that Helen Hunt wore a dress by H&M for sustainability awareness as H&M partners with Global Green . I just wish that she ironed it before she got to the event. She also wore $700, 000 worth of jewelry that evening.

Congrats to Jennifer Lawrence on her award and to the fact she she looks divine in the Spring 2013 Dior gown. Dior could not have chosen a better new face than this girl. She was made for their gowns.
Jane Fonda. I know she has been doing the whole Red Carpet thing much longer than I have been doing the wanna be fashion blogger thing but, what was she thinking wearing that color. The style of this Versace dress and the metallic accent at the waist are both are perfect for her. But THE COLOR. I just can't get past it, it is far to saturated.


All photos are from elle.com . 

2 comments:

  1. I agree about Kristen Stewart.. she gets an F for effort and would it hurt to not scowl all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The scowl is such old news. Also, be sure to follow!

      Delete