Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday is my Fun Day

Today my lovely mother came in to the city so we could spend the day together. She arrived just before nine and just hopped on the train headed home at 5:15. We went to church ( C3 Manhattan, check it out if you are in to that sort of thing.) , walked the Brooklyn Bridge, I accidentally stole a news paper (Sorry Starbucks), we waited on line for a hour at Shake Shack (always worth the wait), and then rushed back to the train station. At the train station though, I met a really lovely women from upstate New York, dropping her mom off to head back up state as well, who went to FIT like I do and is now working at Diane VonFurstenberg. 
She gave me her card and told me to contact her about anything "personal or professionally or whatever". I plan on taking her up on that and hopefully it will turn in to something. It is always a pleasure to meet kind, friendly people who are making it in the fashion industry. 

Walking the Brooklyn Bridge.

The fancy-schmancy business card of my new acquaintance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment