Sunday, December 15, 2013

Top 5 for Right Now : Winter Edition

First of all, as you look at this list of "Top 5" I am sure you will find a few of my choices to be a little crazy; but lets keep in mind that I created this Polyvore collage in the middle of the night, listening to the new One Direction album, while drinking at least a half gallon of english breakfast tea. My Saturday nights are WILD! 
Oh, to be young and free.
The combination listed above, particularly the angelic voices that belong to One Direction, have a strange effect on me. Which lead to choices 4 & 5. I decided to keep them in the list because I think it gives some honest insight to the kind of person that I am, which is strange. 
So I am going to count down on this one and address the two odd balls straight away.

5. A Top Hat; What? I don't really know to be honest. I have always found them to be pretty cool and kind of want to own one. However, I think it is pretty hard to pull off a top hat without looking like you are missing the rest of your costume. Also, I always think of the Lindsay Lohan version of Parent Trap, where the mom brings her daughter to the bridal photo shoot and they give the model a white top hat to wear with the veil. Pretty much since then I have thought they were wonderful. 

4. A giant yellow diamond engagement ring from Harry Winston. This selection I blame solely on One Direction. There is really nothing more to be said on the subject other than I am a 20 year old woman who has the love of a tween for this boy band, and there is no denying that the ring is stunning. Just let a girl dream.

3. This dress might also be a product of last night, or it might be a sincere selection because  lately I have been all about the deep V on other people. I am not really sure. I think I would look pretty good in a dress like this and would be all about strutting around my little dorm room in it, but the minute the door to room 1512 shuts behind me I would we wishing for that 10 inches of fabric to return and create the modest neckline I generally prefer to wear. Who knows, maybe this is a sign of a personal metamorphosis from grandma to a normal 20 something? (I just scored 42years old on a mental age test, by the way. Should I seek professional help or just buy the dress?)

2. Neon chunky circle scarf is a must have in my book. I love how bright neons bring freshness  and light to the dark short days of winter. Furthermore, I own a scarf just like this from H&M and as weird as this sounds, it is great for meeting guys. The brightness makes you stand out in a crowd and I guess guys feel like it is something nice to comment on. I have gone from talking to -5 men on a daily basis to at least one if I am wearing the scarf. Pretty big improvement. 

1. FUR. I love it. Sorry not sorry. I am all about the real stuff, but if your not don't fret there are many a faux fur option out there for you to drape over your shoulders. Anyway, I am in love with this coat. The power blue and that grey fur collar is enough for me to start a savings account for this beauty. 
Top 5 for Right Now


No comments:

Post a Comment